This action-packed course will bring the participants to the changing world of SME competitiveness, productivity and modern management technologies. It will aim at prepar-ing the Lao SMEs for the forthcoming integration via ASEAN Economic Cooperation (AEC) in 2015. Among the highlights will be a Change Plan to prepare for the integration process.
On completion, learners will be able to:
- Examine the importance of enhancing productivity and competitiveness in their SMEs.
- Acquire basic understanding of new ICT and modern productivity improvement techniques.
- Perform the strategic roles of supervisors in driving change in the workplace.
- Prepare a change plan for the AEC integration.
- Demonstrate willingness to use ICT in strengthening their SME competitiveness.
Modules and Topics
Module 1: ICT for Business
- Productivity, Competitiveness and ICT
- Basic ICT for Workforce Competitiveness
- Achieving Operational Excellence: Lessons from AEC
- Productivity Metrics: ASEAN and Laos
- Creating the Agile Office and Manufacturing System
- Taking your Company to ASEAN Standards
Module 2: Supervision Skills
- The Supervision Cycle
- Supervision and Productivity
- Managing and Leading Change
- Principles of Lean, Agile and Six Sigma
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Workforce Management
Methodology and Deliverables
Lecture – discussion and scenario-based learning. Participants are required to bring their own devices (BYOD). All will be required to prepare and present their change plans for the AEC integration measures.
Time and Venue
Three days. May _ to _, 2013. 9: 00 to 5:00 in EDC’s green conference room. Will accommodate only 20 participants. Discounts to early registrants and more than two pax per project.
EDC provides special offer to applicants apply in group as detailed below:
Second and third participants from the same organisation will get 5% discount
Fourth up to ninth participants from the same organisation will get 15% discount
Fill in this Online Application Form